All happy with my form and an appointment with my GP, all wheels in motion to get my pap smear.... and of course I started to bleed on CD18. No pap smear then. Sigh.
Such a small step and still I manage to stumble.
New appointment next week.
Boss pops up, saying that at that exact day I should go to a workshop in Luxembourg! 5 hour one way trip. He makes it look like it is an opportunity for me to learn, while it is just boring.
When he hired me he made promises about career opportunities, but in the mean time he hired two other people for the one position he had in mind for me. Somehow that makes me less inclined to believe in his 'opportunities'
Main reason now to have this job is so I can have lunch with DP and HB.
Today I forgot my work phone at home so when they called me for lunch I missed it. I was 1 minute late at our usual meeting spot and they had left without me.
On the way home DP managed the same trick again. Call-no answer-leave without me.
Sometimes I want to scream!!!
(and I haven't even started taking hormones yet. OK, yes, the pill. So maybe that is a micro step on the way to get this show on the road before my 40 birthday. 6 weeks to go.....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(Oh unprintable curses! How did I miss these posts? My reader is not.. reading.
ReplyDeleteSorry about that. Grrr, reader.)
Valery, all the patience required! I can't believe your boss. Did you argue with him, or do you really really have to go on the dopey boring work trip?
Don't blame you for wanting to scream, VV.
Sorry that your boss threw a wrench into your plans.
ReplyDelete