Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More on clinics first appointments


What I forgot to write before.
First clinic is the Instituto Marques (IM).
I need to send the results of my thyroid tests. Both clinics asked about my last pap smear, anytime from the last three years, but I have no idea.
Doctor at the IVI did catheter test and ultrasound as well. Both doctors insisted I had recently ovulated, because they saw a collapsing follicle on the left. It was CD8 when they saw it and they estimated ovulation would have been around CD6. I reckon that would be a pretty useless day for an egg to go on tour. Even with my endometrium at 8 mm.
IVI doctor searched and found 1 antral follicle. My dr Google degree may have expired, but anthral follicle AFTER ovulation? Oh well, if ovulation is on its own schedule, why not the AFC as well. IVI doctor also worried he saw a small polyp, then filled me up with serum and decided it was mucus after all.
What I hadn't realised is that what goes up must come down, so back at the hotel I found out my jeans had a wet area that wouldn't dry. Thanks to the weather forecast of rain DP had made me bring a change of pants as well. (Generally we travel super light, small hand luggage only)

Treatment plan very simple: Start the pill on CD1 and stay on it.
IM will tell donor and me to stop at the same time.
I will start oestrogen patches on my following CD1, and have 1 scan around CD 5-7 to check lining.
Donor gets stimulated, retrieval day happens. I'll start progesterone supplements and fly to Spain. Transfer 3-5 dpo.
I can fly home the day after.
14 dpo POAS. If it is negative ask for blood test to confirm, keep taking supplements just in case things are slow.
If positive were to happen keep taking supplements for 70 days.


1 comment:

  1. It must feel amazing and maybe a little scary to finally be going down this road.

    I know you said that you're not that excited in your last post. I completely understand the need for self-protection. I will hold the excitement in my heart for you until you're ready to take it on.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.