Thursday, June 28, 2012

S-1

Scan is tomorrow. Do you say scan when you mean ultra sound? I do (and confuse my dutch GP) In Dutch I say echo... anyway.
I can't make plans past tomorrow morning. (Other than making sure HB and DP will be there, whether to celebrate or otherwise)
Hard to believe that DP only just now asked me if there was a chance of bad news. He quickly remembered the only other time we went for a scan after fertilisation, and that there was almost nothing left to see. But to him the two scans seem unrelated.

I suppose the last days I have been somewhat reassured by the returning of pure white (o dear, how do I say, leakage? goo?) without leftover streaks of brown. Still have this sort of full bladder feeling. Plus there is nothing more I can do. I'm taking my medication punctually, eating healthy, drinking and resting more.

But I've been keeping myself distracted: Monday orchestra (half rehearsal), Tuesday to bed early,Wednesday dinner with my new colleague friend. Let's call her Lily. She prepared Vietnamese food and I learned how to roll summer rolls.
Not as neat as these though, no shrimp, and of course the first ones fell apart. But such yummy different flavours. All Gluten and Lactose free. Before I know it she will teach me how to knit as well ;-)

Work is always busy at the end of the month. I'm trying to not think about tomorrow. Even if there is something that must be done because the EU orderer it so. Someone else can do it for me if need be. I may have to find a way to get a scan picture to Spain but I don't want to go into work if there is bad news.

Oh, I forgot to tell you on Saturday, but after the castle there was a hotel for coffee, and they had plush toys from WWF for sale in the lobby. I bought 3 polar bears; a big one and two small ones...

3 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to some great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to call you to wish you good luck, but you're not answering. I guess you were already on your way to the hospital. Sending all sorts of good vibes your way, for whatever it's worth...

    And, please please please, mail me your cell phone number, if you have one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say scan. Though I think it's an ultrasound scan, really.

    Thinking of you and willing good news your way today.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.