This morning it felt very odd to be back at work.
Like nothing had happened...
But at lunch when HB joined DP and me at the table he sat down saying 'Hello you 4'. So nice to share that secret smile... and poor HB had had the most horrible weekend, dealing with arrangements for the care of his mother. Nursing home said 'oh, that 5 month waiting list we told you about, just yesterday? it's 5 days now, you have this weekend to decide if it's now or never. Nice. The care is good, the paperwork not so much...
In the afternoon I did go to the yoga class, but told the teacher I was
not allowed to exercise, so would be taking it easy. At first it was
hard not to participate 100%, but after a while I enjoyed doing smaller
and lighter variations and taking breaks in child pose. And still loosen
my shoulders and do the relaxation exercises.
Pffff. When I was only using the estrogen patches my nipples got oversensitive. Now that I'm supplementing the progesterone that is back to normal. Just that my lower belly feels a bit like my bladder is full all the time, even when it's not. I gained a kilo over the weekend, with all the cake breaks but not our usual marathon walks. (And my nails seem to grow faster)
Cutest thing today: DP playing with the Toro and saying we should find a safe place for it so the boys won't be rough with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like your friend HB. So what if I've never met him, surely that is a mere technicality? :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am really sorry for all the stress he's going through, poor man.
Oh, child's pose, my fave. Must get back to yoga. So calm-making..
Hope it is helping you thusly, Val. Xx
Thinking of you today and hoping everything is going well.
ReplyDeleteI hope the yoga helps keep you sane in this most brutal of two week waits.
ReplyDelete