![]() |
| Picture from the package -only wishing our bedroom was this pretty- |
And now seemed the right time to sleep on (under) it. ;-)
Did I tell you I had my TSH tested again on Friday? Results came back today
TSH 0.04 ml/L T4 free 21 pmol/L
Last time it was well within normal range:
TSH 2 mU/L (0.5 - 5)
T4 free 15 pmol/L (9 - 24)
so with taking the Eutirox medication and the Hcg floating about my person the TSH dropped a factor 50. By the time I was done with a set of highly annoying meetings at work it started to sink in. The dutch doctor's assistant even called me back, saying I should talk to a doctor. I'd emailed Spain but not gotten a reply of what to do yet and I found my friend Mijke online. She was a sweetheart and delved into Google, filtering for me and sending me reassuring links to read. It helped me not panic. It seems that TSH too low is not dangerous, especially not when T4 is still high. Then Spain emailed back, saying I should simply stop taking the Eutirox and get tested again in two weeks.
Oh, and I arranged for an ultrasound on June 29 in my old hospital. Exactly 1 month after fertilisation, the 6 week u/s.
To be sure that DP will be there I sent him a meeting request via the office mail/calendar system. This way I know for sure that his time is blocked and reserved for me only. And hopefully for one or two more....
oh, dear Mijke asked me if I felt ready to accept the C- word now. For my birthday, yes.
The rest I'm taking in two week increments. I guess over the past years reading blogs I've simply seen too many lost. Just recently Womb4Improvement lost hers at 6 and 8 weeks. May and ~C~ have lost so many so early (would Pikaia and Knut be almost the same age?), while TwangyPearl's Figment made it to around 12 weeks. At the previous company a colleague lost them at 10 and 11 weeks.
Worst memory: the guy sitting opposite me there announced their second pregnancy while I thought it was my turn. For months I kept thinking it should have been me. And then they lost their girl at 36 weeks. I know it was a highly unlikely freak incident, but I did feel soooo guilty and rotten about it!
Well, it can't all happen to me at the same time, and I have a street full of evidence that quite a few kids get born alive.
For now I trust that sometimes I get to be on the good side of the statistics, but it still feels a bit theoretical. Not comfortable browsing books full of pink clouds I asked my scientific friend An if she had something for me to read.
Without telling her dates I told her about our Spain plans, and she lend me a book from her that has pictures and explanations about what happens from the moment of fertilisation. Microscope pictures are cool in my book...

I like the linens! I think cautiously optimistic is the way to take things. I hope time passes quickly and that soon you will feel more confident with things.
ReplyDeleteMmm. Bed. I like it.
ReplyDeleteAnd Mijke, bless her.
Two weeks at a time, then, not denying the moments of excitement, and peace, too.
xx