Friday, June 29, 2012

Leap

Good news.
Feels like I just leaped into the other universe...

Did you know that blackbirds start their song at 4 AM? And keep going for more than an hour? Ours does...
After my shower I could for the world of me not decide which socks would be my lucky socks today. other option:  Picked a new pair of shoes that go without socks.
Past the lab to get my repeat-2 blood test for TSH. Then on to the hospital.

Scan this morning, as scheduled. Had to invite DP to come sit next to me and watch the screen, he thought he could stay behind the desk. Just as well, because it was hard to believe.
I'm no star at reading those grey white pixels, but black I can see. Usually that is my full bladder, but today I had made sure it was empty. So when I saw something black pop up I noticed. A sac. Then the doctor moved the wand around just a touch and found something in the sac. grey white, fuzzy. And some pixels seemed to be not sure of their colour. I was willing the doctor to say it, and indeed, he said we had a tiny little heartbeat.
Holding DP's hand tight.
Wand moving further. More black
Would it really?
yep, second sac.
And?
also occupied.
and ticking too
Crushed DP's hand.

measurements were done. Then the doctor left us to print the report.
DP looked at me and said 'two, that is quite a lot'
Mhm mm
'Can they still split?'
nah, with the hearts already formed it would be too late now.
Poor DP. I'm so happy, this is my dream. But I know he just wanted one. We hadn't talked about it since one was nearly impossible already. And of course we don't know how long there will remain two.
polar bears. The support team lending a crown-to-tail

-I've sent him out with HB to a wine bar, and I enjoy your company here on the couch...
(hah, I'm not alone anyway!)

Ah, doctor came back and led us to another part of the hospital, moved us from fertility to obstetrics so we could schedule our next scan.
The receptionist lady wanted me for a 9 week scan, which turned out to be in the middle of the 3 weeks that DP will have the boys. While I was eager to get the next scan soon, DP pressured me I figured that one week later wouldn't hurt, not enough at least to make a serious holiday impossible.
With that settled the lady went on about Down syndrome test and high risks and delivery and brochures and WHAT? Wait! Are you crazy? We heard five minutes ago about pixels alive. Next scan is all I can and will take today.

At work HB took one look at that big grin of mine and he knew.
Then, somehow, I managed to get some work done, something complicated and important that was needed this month. I'd warned my boss he might need to take over from me, but it turned out he didn't know very well. (and Lily wasn't there today either)

Weekend.
And now seems the right time to look in my picture book to find out what you do when you're only 6mm small. (although I might fall asleep with that book and that big stupid grin on my face)

12 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay! Can't wait to read more tonight.
    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! So happy to read this and can't wait for all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, now that the details are there - Yahoo x2!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, look like my comment was eaten!

    Now that the details are there... Yahoo x 2!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very very happy for you!! Van harte gefeliciteerd! This is the best news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And there I was checking my RSS feed but it didn't show another post from you until I checked your blog and saw you'd put it in the same post... ;)

    So excited for you! Congrats! Hope the coming months will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How wonderful! How doubly wonderful!!! XOXOXOX
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fantastic news. Congrats to you both. I know you must be so excited. DM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay yay! Two! Oh Val! So exciting, I missed my bus stop!
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Join The club, twinmom! Contrast! *lol* i'll be there for mental support of you need IT! Xje

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done! That's fantastic news. Fingers crossed for a very boring, plain sailing few months!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.