Our neighbours had a baby girl on the second of June. When they were back from the hospital a few days later, I had a sneak preview at the baby while the father was busy outside sticking a stuffed stork to the house. Soon after I caught a terrible cold so was excused for a traditional new baby visit. But during those two weeks DP kept bugging me about us buying a gift. I wasn't feeling too good to begin with so on Saturday I told him to take care of it.
He came home with a gorgeous, tiny white baby dress. He showed me, and then casually laid it on the bed where I was hiding. I just had to leave. But I found crying on the bathroom floor quite uncomfortable so hesitantly returned to his arms.
I was so touched by the size of the dress, its total cuteness... and so hurt it was not for us.
Felt a bit better when I took it downstairs and covered it in gift wrapping paper.
On Sunday we had a rather uneventful visit, the little girl fell asleep 10 minutes before we came in and didn't wake up while we had cake and tea. We stayed for another cup of tea, their 5-y-o boy showed me his room and new train track he had built with DPs younger son (7) but she just kept on sleeping.
I had to leave for a family birthday party that was quite enjoyable (leaving DP and the boys to themselves)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am impressed with DP knowing what to buy for a little girl - JB would be all at sea! He might come home with a 5000 piece jigsaw or something. And it's good DP was able to comfort you, eh?
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling okay, Valery. Be well...