Did you see the Google today?
Tonight is the final of the soccer world championship, and the Dutch team is in it, playing against Spain. I'm no fan of soccer, I find it a strange combination of sport and theater. But tonight I will join DP and go to the big screen on museum square, oh, excuse me, the mega screen. Some claim it is the biggest in Europe.... (See? some people feel on top of the world already.) Predictions are there will be 100.000 people watching there tonight. Walking distance from where I live. That in itself is enough to rip open my cocoon of sadness. I'll go to feel the vibe, to feel something that only happens rarely. I'm hoping for a real big party, for not thinking about me and how I dread the upcoming summer holiday camping with stepkids. Hoping to feel part of something bigger, part of a little country going crazy.
And orange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Holland! I'll be watching the game!
ReplyDeleteGo Orange! I hope you have a lot of fun tonight and are able to let some of the sadness go.
ReplyDeleteThere were 'slightly' more people than fit comfortably on the square: 180.000 (!). It was quite scary being pushed around in a large hot crowd, so we left during the first break. O well, we tried. But I was glad to have some oxygen and some bodyspace again, and no more beer dripping down my legs.
ReplyDelete