Suddenly it is summer.
glorious weather, and everyone seems more relaxed.
At work an opportunity has come up to be part of a project (in the development team) so I can leave the operations team for 2 months. (At least) This is good. this is my big chance to get into this other team, and hopefully do some test and analysis work again. The work I used to do.
It's just, I'm not excited. I had my little morning routine of making tea with Lily. Our little chats. I used to like change. O well, maybe when I've moved and started it will feel better. After the long weekend. So it should be easy: work Tuesday, at home Wednesday, then Thurs and Fri. Go to C5 on Saturday to help with moving in to the new apartment with his lovely midwife girlfriend. (Who loves babies, and Suzy very much. She already said I can keep all babystuff for her, she's that happy to join the family and reuse clothes for the babies she is dreaming of)
My birthday on Sunday, so no idea when to bake the cake. Must be morning then, with guests in the afternoon.
Summer also means summer holidays with the boys. My parents had offered for a long time already to go someplace seaside. DP had been holding off on making plans for the longest time, wasn't sure about the boys blah blah etc. The boys have been so lovely around Suzy and everyone is getting along so much better than before. The oldest has really matured, 15, with his 6 foot as tall as I am. I was thinking that if there ever is a chance to go on a vacation with the 5 of us it would be this year. Because at 16 he might be going off on his own?
So I was really disappointed when DP said they want to go just the three of them. Preferably Sweden, canooing. AAARRGGHH: that was the first holiday DP and I had together! It feels now as if that was our honeymoon. And he is going again, without me.
I was prepared for a lot of variations, but not this one. Rejection is never easy.
Not sure if I should argue and rearrange. Don't know how to accept defeat and not be bitter about it. (I already avoided them last night) Should I explain they could still go out and do ´man action stuff´ while we are on vacation with 5 of us? And I'll take care of all things baby?
Maybe I should try and not be overly dramatic.
They are with us for 3 weeks, and my parents only offered one week. That leaves 2 other weeks for compromise. (But can't shake the feeling that they'll just hang around at home and watch television)
Gah.
I slept on this post for a night.
We had a lovely day today. Suzy running after the boys while they were kicking a ball in the park, running after little doggies. Then we all went to the paddling pool, a first for Suzy. She thinks it is weird you can't walk on water, she kept trying to step on top of it. But splashing was fun.
At home DP made pizza on the BBQ, lovely as well.
I love to see the small and big kids interact.
I'm going to try to find some compromise, even if just for a few days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I could actually picture the children playing! I definitely think you should at least talk to DP and suggest you would love to have a vacation the 5 of you. I think he may feel you'd find it hard with the boys, you know...like before Suzy? But I agree it would be fabulous for the 3 of them to have so much time and quality time together. Talk to him, a compromise will be the perfect solution. Love from Ireland, Fran
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new job. I am sure it'll work out okay in the end.
ReplyDeleteI would have felt left out, too. Not a good feeling. I am more susceptible to it than I'd like, but then, maybe we all are. What if you had another short break with all five? Would that work? Something with a pool that Suzy would like, and water sports or something for the boys?