Thursday, June 26, 2014

bits and pieces

In the news today: the Netherlands will get its own 2 egg cell banks.
One is actually the medical center where DP and I went to with Fof.
What is new is that now semi-anonymous donor eggs will be available: donor ID will be stored in a government database. And they are starting with an astonishing 20 donors....
In the paper it said they will provide 4 cells per treatment, expected success rate 20-30%

I am so so glad this is behind us.

Holiday tickets are booked.
Passport photo of Suzy is taken, paperwork is done. Pick up next week.
While DP was so very concerned about 5 people and privacy/space issues before, he is now not even planning anything for our 5 nights in Sweden. I have suggested we look into renting a log cabin with multiple bedrooms (Log Cabin! such a holiday thing to do it seems). Because even a big tent like ours only offers virtual/visual privacy. Plus it is plain weird to go into your tent and zip up during the day...

I got a referral from my GP for endocrinology. She even recommended a certain hospital. I even called said hospital. They will give me an appointment if I fax or email the letter of referral. Sadly I do not have a scanner or fax at home. And I forgot to take the letter to work today. [hops of to find letter and put it in office bag][back again] Where was I? Ah, um, I keep forgetting things.

I do yoga again. At the end with the relaxation exercises this teacher (black dancer guy, very expressive body) keep blathering on how we should not be upset, how we should not listen to all the sounds, let go of all thoughts etc. It would help if he would keep his mouth shut! ;-)

I miss your regular blog posts. I know you all have your very different reasons AND I probably spend too much time checking, but I would love to stay connected to all my bloggy friends...



3 comments:

  1. A lot of steps forward in getting your health back on track, very well done, you definitely need a full check up by an expert. interesting about the holidays, perhaps DP now thinks that you will look after the logistics? Fun!! Book the Log Cabin!
    As for the yoga teacher...I too would find the chatting SOOO annoying! Could you mention this to him?
    Blogging. I know I want to write more posts rather than summary posts, but then I think they may no longer be interesting now that I mostly talk about parenting/anxiety/work/holidays! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Fran on health and log cabin, this latter sounds fun. (We got one once and it was, but were a new couple and therefore rather a different scenario.) I miss the company of our blogging people too. Maybe blogs have a natural lifecycle..
    I do mean to update.

    Don't suppose a photo of the letter would be good enough? No..
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holiday. I bet that passport photo is adorable.

    And tell your yoga teacher he's annoying! lol

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.