Wednesday, February 20, 2013

FoF


For a long time I had wanted to let FoF know how much the whole experience had meant to me, and how important plan D (with her as our donor) was as a stepping stone for plan E (EspaƱa, unknown donor). To explain that we couldn't have done that without her.
But between email and text messages we just hadn't really gotten around to meet up or talk again.

Today I felt time was sort of virtual, like extra time that shouldn't have existed or wasn't predicted somehow. And finally plucked up the courage to hop on my bike, cycle over and ring her door bell.
And as luck would have it she was home, alone, and had time for a cup of tea.
She was happy to see me, and when I told her I wanted to show her a big surprise and opened my jacket her face lit up even more, she was so happy to see my belly.

She told me she has been struggling with depression the entire time in between (I think it started Oct 2011, quite shortly after plan D fell through) medication has been problematic. She looked very skinny, but her smile was a hundred shining suns.
We both had been thinking about each other, we both had felt guilty and sad and neither had had the energy to arrange a meeting. Till now.

The time was right and we had a good time. 



6 comments:

  1. Glad things worked out. Do you think you'll see her again soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to show and share a walk in the nearby park with the baby in the vintage stroller. She lives on the way to the park, and in the park we can buy great cakes. We both look forward to that possibility, but didn't try to commit to anything (as I think that can be quite demanding for someone with depression)
      Spring probably....

      Delete
  2. I'm happy you were able to stop by and have a chat with her. It's funny when imagining you full-term pregnant on a bike. I got all sorts of comments here in France when biking when I was around 6 months pregnant (and my reply would always be that Dutch women keep biking and there's no harm in that, and you're proving me right!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Fof, how horrible for her to have to battle with that. It's lovely you made her smile. Hopefully things will pick up for her soon - she seems such a really nice woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did sooo the right thing! I'm glad it came so natural in the end, and glad you will try and keep in touch a bit more, this may be very helpful for her too. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to connect. It sounds like you both needed it.

    I am just catching up on the last few posts. So happy to hear you reached D-Day! Hope your little one chooses to make an appearance soon.

    Thinking of you xo

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.