Monday, January 14, 2013

Yoga and DP

My pregnancy yoga class had one lesson to include the fathers as well, and I was glad that DP was willing to come.
Part of the time was 'theory' on contractions and birth, the other part we did some partner exercises to deal with breathing, massaging back pain and the actual pushing.

I know that on paper I still have 3 to 8 weeks to have Grasshopper in my pregnant belly. And rationally I know it will end, hopefully with a live baby. A take home baby.
But emotionally I'm still behind. I'm at the stage where I dare to believe this pregnancy will stick, where I dare to talk about it. Where the hope for the living twin is stronger than the sadness for the vanished one.
So I guess I need these classes to drive home that this is real, and that we need to prepare.
(Although this whole pushing thing still feels very surreal.)

But DP made me promise that the next two weeks I will spend time and effort to get the house baby-ready, AND the hospital bag packed.

I actually meant to write a post on how DP is there for me. Doing things in the background without asking for recognition (laundry, dishes, cooking, shopping and who knows what I have failed to notice?). Making sure I'm not exhausting myself. Helping me focus, cause I'm happily dreaming away in this cloud of hormones...
And most special his hand on my belly so we can enjoy the Grasshopper antics together. I love him for caring for our little almost-here family so much.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the pushing thing... We also had pushing exercises during my birth preparation classes. I thought it was great, and I had found a preferred position for pushing. In a conversation with my sister she said you couldn't really learn how to push. I told her 'sure you can, we learned it and I know how I want to push'. Then the day came when I really had to push. And it had nothing to do with what I thought it would be like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post my friend! It is so nice to read how supportive DP is and how he is encouraging you to focus on the fact that this is really happening! I know, I really know well, how this still feels surreal, i remember vividly how carrying Oliver out of the hospital felt like I was acting in a movie and that at some point some one would say "Cut! ok, you can give the baby back now). it felt surreal for a while afterwards! You are doing very well, and yes, do pack your hospital bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. DP sounds wonderfully supportive. So glad.

    I felt "behind" for most of my pregnancy, like it was all some dream from which I was going to wake up. But I didn't, and you won't. And yes yes yes on the hospital bag:)

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.