Sunday, January 20, 2013

TMI (II) on a pregnant body

You probably don't want to read this, so I'll try to type 255 innocent characters in case it shows up in your reader unexpectedly and give you time to click away. Oh and a picture of Amsterdam Tulip day to make sure that other picture doesn't pop up:

(Sorry no kitten today ;-)
Here goes.
Navel is completely out now, softer than I thought.
It feels soft now between the two halves of my abdominal muscle (according to wiki they connect to the linea alba)
which gets me to the linea nigra: while at first is was only from the bellybutton down, it is also on the upper half  now, sort of yin yang around my navel.

This cold just won't go away. it makes me kind of deaf, can't handle background noise at all.
My skin is dry and itchy and the low humidity winter weather is not helping, and neither is the special pregnancy skin oil. Since I'm no good at not scratching I made ugly marks on my back and I keep damaging two tiny spots on my face. My bottom lip is split for three days already.
(Actually went to see my doctor and got camomile salve for my lips plus some special band aid on my back as she wasn't happy with the way it looked) 
My ankles are swelling during the day. Nice sock marks...

In the shower I noticed the difference in skin tone between my arms and belly. My skin tends to be relatively yellow (I know, olive sounds so much more appetising) but my belly manages to be pink. Like normal people. Well, at least DP, I don't take showers with (m)any other people these days. ;-)

Grasshopper must be moving down, as I can eat a bit more now. But while food enters more easily, the exit seems a bit blocked. Leaning forward to make room for the belly helps...

Oh, something I don't dare to say out loud just yet, but at 35w1d if in the shower I massage my breasts and squeeze, some whitish fluid comes out!!! Like TwangyPearl said, sometimes it is 'flippin amazing' what the body can do.   I suppose this quarter of a microliter doesn´t guarantee anything about possible future milk, but it feels like a glimpse from the future. I checked the book, which nonchalantly states this is completely absolutely normal. (!?) Maybe it is normal for normal people, but if you ask me it is nothing short of a miracle.
So thank you boobs. I have never thought I should have to carry them around, have never really liked anyone touching them. But I will be so grateful if it turns out to have a purpose.
And as a DE aside, that would add to the -  can I say biological? - connection. Baby made not only of my 'flesh and blood' (minus the dna) but also of my milk.
Wow.
Typing that feels very weird! But I'm feeling brave today so I'll leave it up there.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! If our de/ivf cycle works I am definitely planning on breastfeeding! It will be a great way to connect with the baby! Flesh, blood, and breastmilk connection sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.