For years I've been cherishing a name. And I think I told you that we are privately using that name already when it's just the two of us.
A while back I had asked if DP wanted to pick a name from his family history as well, or a derivative maybe. We discussed some options that we might like. He said he wasn't big on naming after family though, and came up with a different name. Three weeks after that (and me trying to get used to that name) I asked him how he felt about it, and he was completely clueless, had forgotten all about it.
The last couple of days however he kept saying we should talk about names, and suddenly yesterday he finally did. He is on board now with having more than one name, three even, to include a godparent as well. So now we suddenly agree on three beautiful names. It feels like such a big step! (I could hardly sleep)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a name picked out for ages but I was too superstitious to tell anyone apart from my husband. i thought he was on board, but on the day we had our son he decided to add another middle name (and I agreed because I would have agreed to virtually anything by that point!). It's a big step - but there's always room to change your mind!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Now hoping that the face goes with the names (just kidding, I'm sure it will).
ReplyDeleteGreat!! I hope you'll share them once the baby is here!!
ReplyDeleteThat is really good! Ah.. and good for feeling more real too, I am sure.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I love that you are so in this together.
ReplyDelete