If forced to choose, I'm a bit of a daddy's girl. He used to pick out my school. My brother was more my mothers child, she picked his school. And now he is married, in London, to a woman who acts like we are not family and I think my mom feels it most acute of us all.
Today is the big family dinner with my mother's family. My brother wrote he would come. And an hour before he was supposed to get in the plane he calls that he can't make it, cause the nanny's kid got chickenpox. And apparently SIL can't care for the boys for the one night. (in April they will be 2 and 4) (something with her neck)
Oh, and it is raining in London, so they are going for a 5 day trip to the sun.
Um, yeah.
Poor mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, ARG.
ReplyDeleteFamily, eh? And always at Christmas.
Sorry about that, VV. Very disappointing.
Oh so sorry, this is really unfair I think. Big hugs.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry that your brother backed out of the trip.
ReplyDelete