Braxton Hicks, don't know why that didn't occur to me, thank you for pointing it out.
Drinking more seems a bit hard now. Getting food in my stomach is not a problem, but when I drink more than half a cup it feels like it wants to come back up.
My Sil gave me a whole bag of maternity clothes. Mostly summer clothes, but anyway. And at the last minute threw in some belly creams. I tried them all as my skin was getting sensitive, and ended up with itchy skin covered with little bumps. It took a while before I realised it might not be caused by the stretching of the skin, but by one of the new creams. Allergic, who would have thought. Back to the expensive oil I was using before, and the bumps were gone in a few days.
My navel has been on the rise since week 26. In 27 it was horizontal, since 28 I can see the edge rise, mm by mm. I must have bruised it somehow, it is so very sensitive and slightly blue.
Somehow it feels like I've gotten much bigger this week.
Or maybe it is that people at work have started to notice now. Or, feel they have enough evidence to say something. And since I'm struggling to open the heavy office doors, or get belly cramps when I walk up the stairs that I try to massage away, I think I stopped hiding my belly.
One of the DBAs said I don't have to hide anything. He surprised me, he never said anything personal before, and I always chalked it up to his Indian background.
One of the older guys suggested I had maybe swallowed a football? I agreed, saying I'm working on a
skippy ball.
I don't know why, but I always thought I would have a ball-belly. So when the first 20something weeks I was just generally expanding between pelvic bone and breast bone I was vaguely surprised/disappointed (and at the same time laughing at myself) But the last weeks a ball-belly has been emerging.
Weirdest was going back to my favourite (normal) clothes store to ask for a December dress. They found something stretchy for me+belly that was elegant as well. And then complimented me on my beautiful belly...
Is that normal in other countries? I still think it is weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think "you're looking well!" Is about as far as most Irish people go. Maybe we are bashful.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to hear that all goes well. Hiccups! So miraculously human! And amazing.
Do keep drinking, maybe only a few sips at the time but that is definitely contributing to BH. Also, massaging the belly may not be the best thing to do (or so I was told) as it's more irritating for the uterus than leaving it alone. I would suggest to take the lift when you can and rest as much as possible! Wohhoo for the lovely belly!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're not hiding anymore! In Canada, most people will not comment on a pregnant belly, but there are a few that would. It's a lovely compliment!
ReplyDelete