Sunday, December 16, 2012

30 weeks and kicking

Grasshopper had turned around for today's scan, and was head down, twisted backwards. But with some firm pressure the midwife could still get a good reading on the head, and it was perfectly average (P~50).
Legs even longer (no I'm not at 33 weeks yet!) and belly even bigger, P>97. Estimated weight almost 2 kilos. This raised some concern about diabetes, so my blood glucose was tested.
The funny thing about the glucose test was that it was 4.8 again, same value as my sober test a few weeks ago. I know this doesn't quite mean I could have had breakfast then, but still. (but yay for super quick test results, no worrying over the weekend necessary)
Thyroid and blood pressure, all good. Placenta on the left, explains why I feel most kicks on the right.
Sometimes the kicks are so firm that DP asked if it didn't hurt me. No, I'm lucky so far. And we asked, there is no such thing as 'too much movement'.
Having bad days with zero concentration and back aches wasn't a concern apparently, she just said to enjoy the good days. Oh and what I thought was (bluish) bruising around my navel? Just increased blood supply...
And today (Friday) was a good day. Met up with the architect and some building inspection guy in the house we're hoping to buy. Just a precursory meeting, to smooth the way of permits being allowed. We'll need heaps of permits, as it is a world heritage building, but at least we're allowed to start preliminary work soon. While we were waiting I was chatting with the receptionist. At some point she remarked that there was no need for me to worry, as I was still so young, under 30 (?)
I'll blame my rosy shiny happy cheeks....

4 comments:

  1. So glad that everything is going well. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Is it the building you were telling me about? Very excited for you. It seems that the long-legged Grasshopper is well named! Very fitting! Good days, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice compliment. Pregnancy must look good on you!

    I don't remember reading that you're buying a house. That's quite the undertaking. I hope the whole process runs smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 weeks - and lots of kicks. This is very good to read, Valery. May there be many, many good days. (And good luck on the all the permits...I hope they are all permitted smoothly:)

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.