All was well with the survivor....
The bigger little one almost doubled in size these past two weeks, the smaller little one was still there and had shrunk only a little. A small quiet little blob. I´m grateful that DP got to see it too, and in some weird way find it comforting it´s still there.
The bigger little one seems to have drunk some grasshopper juice and wanted to show it was very much alive. DP insisted it looked human already, the sonographer lady/obstetrician/verloskundige was busy pointing out legs and arms (wait, what, where did they come from? they weren't there last time?) and it would hop away again before she could finish her sentence.
According to her the chances of anything happening to the bigger one are very small now. Or at least the chances of me not noticing anything at all. But of course not impossible till 16 weeks....
We got some printed pictures, and DP thinks it pure magic. I find them a bit scary, it looks like you can see part of the skull I think. Not cute at all. So I won't post them here (but I'll append them after the pictures of the double lines.)
When I asked after my blood test results she did check, and said everything looked 'normal'.
Then I specifically asked for my TSH, and it was 4.0 yeah, I know, within normal range. But last time it was 4.4 (also normal) and Spain said to increase my thyroid medication and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect if it only dropped to 4.0 My dr Google degree says I want it to be more like 2.5 max. But I'm going to have to find a doctor here who supports that. Careful with this link, apparently about.com doesn't know not to place big belly pictures for first trimester guidelines.
Plus I think the verloskundige/ OB? isn't a doctor that can prescribe medication anyway.
Soo, I still need to advocate for my medication, but the next scan is in 4 weeks already.
Tonight I'll try to dream of the bigger little one being so very alive (and the smaller little one still keeping it company)
Thanks for thinking of me, it's been a rough two weeks. (DP even said today he had missed me)
(And I'll hit publish before the battery runs out!)
Update:
More Relief.
this (Friday) morning I called the hospital back, this time asking people at reception for my blood test results. They went and chased a gynaecologist for me, called me back saying that indeed the gyn wants my TSH below 2 and will fax my prescription to the pharmacy this very same morning. Thank you....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hurrah hurrah hurrah!
ReplyDeleteMany hugs. Thinking of you, and bigger little grasshopper one, and poor smaller little one.
Yahoo! I have been checking here all day awaiting an update from you. I am so happy to hear your good news. Another hurdle passed.
ReplyDeleteA boatload of hugs are being sent from Canada. Sweet dreams!
Oh that's marvellous news! Had to check before bed. Hurray, many hurrays! Xxxx!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great news! Really happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteBig sigh of relief here too (and sorry for the delay in commenting)!
ReplyDelete(btw, verloskundige is more a midwife than an OB)
I'm so relieved to read this!
ReplyDelete