There really wasn't much difference between the two little ones this morning. One slightly smaller than the other one, measuring 8w2d and 8w3d. (while I think the fertilisation was 8w1d ago, a Tuesday then, a Wednesday today) Except the little one had very little fluid around it. And no heartbeat. No circulation.
I thought I would only have a quick consult to get my thyroid medication sorted. But the new lady doctor had done her homework with the information she had and was asking me many questions to get my file complete. And after half hour she asked if she could do a scan. DP was home with the boys but I didn't really think about it too much and said yes, eager for an extra chance to see my little ones.
Part of me feels like this was bound to happen, that my dream couldn't have lasted in the real world. My secret dream of twins. How do you say in English? in my heart of hearts?
And then, suddenly I was afraid to tell DP. Afraid he would be relieved. But of course he was just as shocked as I was.
There was no reason for this to go wrong, no other than 'this happens sometimes'.
I don't know how to not be afraid
for the other one. I'm so sad, so scared. Curling up in a ball under the blankets doesn't help, tea and chocolate seem less comfort than they used to. Only crying feels right..
Such strange conversations in my head. Because the littlest one is still there. Still with me. Will likely become one with me. Oh little one, how come you've grown so much but your heart isn't beating? will you keep growing a little more? will you stay like this a while? Slowly fade into your surroundings? Will I see something on the next scan? Did you not know how much I care for you?
Rationally I would expect myself to have mixed feelings, but today I'm so sad it hurts my stomach... Rationally I know the bigger little one is doing OK. Rationally I'll keep following my medication schedule. Rationally I know I will be OK.
I didn't even know I could miss a second little one this much....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm crying with you - and praying for the other one to stay strong and grow. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteAw, I'm so sorry and I hope you're ok. I know all the stats say that a singleton has a better chance, but once you've seen two little beanies in there, it must be so sad to think about letting one go. You're in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteIk leef met je mee en voel je verdriet. Xje en knuffel.
ReplyDeleteOh my friend I'm sorry for the loss of the little one, and glad the other one is doing just fine. I must have missed your post were you said you were having twins so I didn't know what to think when you posted about the one heart beat. Big hugs, sending positive thoughts your way and healthy love to the strong little one.
ReplyDeleteOh Val. So sorry to hear of this heartbreaking loss. Your heart of hearts indeed.
ReplyDeleteSending you all much love.
I am so very sorry and thinking of you. The shock, it being so unexpected and DP not being there...I am so sorry you had to go through that.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a bittersweet time, to mourn the one lost while another remains. I truly understand how you are feeling. As things progress, you will get more confident in the pregnancy and you will feel less sad.
ReplyDeleteSending more hugs from across the ocean.
Hoe gaat het met je? Xje
ReplyDeleteHope you are coping ok, VV. (No pressure to post of course.)
ReplyDeleteHugs.
My computer has been broken for a couple of months now, so I haven't been keeping up. I'm so, so sorry, Valery.
ReplyDelete