Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hourglass

Was all clothing oversized in the eighties? By the end of the eighties my body had morphed into something I didn't understand. I think my sizes were close to what some proclaim as 'ideal', the 90-60-90 hourglass model, and so very tall too. But I was convinced it was not ideal at all: impossible to find jeans that fit in the waist, my mom was forever altering them for me (put elastic band in and tighten to size) And boobs with cup DD were stupid in my eyes, most inconvenient for sports and, well, people stare at them, which I found highly embarrassing... So hiding in oversized clothing was the fashion for me.
Early nineties the boobs calmed down to D, later C (and all the extra shape moved down)
And slowly I learned to appreciate my body for other qualities than athletic ones.
It took till this millennium though before I would dress in anything tight fitting. (made a lot easier having flattened down to B) And that is the era I bought my office clothes in.
But this week I couldn't button my blouse to the top. And I realised that the older bras were fitting much better than the newer ones.
Ahem.
I feel slightly odd wearing lingerie picked by boyfriends from a distant past, all lacy and shiny.
I bet you wouldn't be surprised to learn DP has a no-frills approach ;-)
Grateful for another symptom though. Because 'being tired' doesn't tell me much, not in combination with the thyroid circus going on.
http://www.arkhipoff.com/paint/hour_glass_for_eternity.htm
And I much appreciate the irony of the return of the hourglass while I'm waiting to see where this will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.