Thursday, November 19, 2009

mhm mhm

Last night DP was home from work at a normal, early hour. The Pancake Dinner was prepared and ready to go. After our usual "No, I want my cheese pancake baked both sides / single side" I thought we could sit down and discuss the cycle monitoring plan the gyn had offered me. But somehow he was already off to prepare coffee and tea while I was still halfway my food. When I was halfway my tea he started the newspaper. There is NO point in trying to talk to him while the newspaper is in sight. His boys called and had good grades, his side of the conversation sounded really happy. He's such a proud father...
Then aircrash investigation came on TV. I did ask if we could not switch that off (I'm totally allergic to that slow pace and endless repetition). Maybe I should have been more specific and asked if we could switch and talk?
Then came on his new CD. and when he listens to music he does not multitask...
I must have fallen asleep on the sofa because suddenly the evening is over and we're off to bed. I quickly explained what the gyn had told me, mhm mhm he says and snores off... Mhm mhm probably means he understands.
I guess I was hoping for some commitment. Or at least an opinion.
Why doesn't he want to talk? Why is this so hard? It makes me feel so alone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that does sound very hard, Valery. Would he listen if you took him out? Sometimes a neutral venue helps?
    For what it's worth, I find subtlety is not the way to go with men. The ones I know (ehem!) do better with clarity, so they (he!) know exactly what you want..
    ?

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.