![]() | |
| the beach in the background is so bright you can't even see it |
After GP 2 and pharmacy it was time for packing for the long weekend at the seaside. Why is it always my job to pack for Suzy? And had to pack food, drink and snacks as the appartment was away from stores. Plenty of beach clubs and restaurants though. I was so tired both of the interview and the ongoing pneumonia that it took me much longer to pack. My parents came over to help at the last minute. (DP was working and would follow with my parents' car with the big luggage) We went with our bikes in the train and cycled the last bit to sea. Verrry lucky with the weather, the last true summer weekend.
DP /google got lost on the way (next seaside town also had a road called sea-road! duh), so dinner was late. Then the restaurant was super slow, so main course was even later. Never been so glad they could serve luke warm fries for Suzy while we waited, she could dig in immediately.
Sun was setting while we walked back, and the rising full moon was visible from our bedroom window. I was a bit worried about Suzy being over-excited with the new location, but when I put her on the window sill she said: My Moon!
Mildly flabbergasted that a toddler claims the moon, I don't think it ever occured to me to think that way.
| Sunset from our loggia |
| Sunrise from bedroom |
My parents let me rest during the day, even if Suzy refused to nap. She spent hours on the beach trampolines!
Saturday morning started a bit grey:
Sunday was glorious beach weather, with natural paddling pool: On Monday morning we went beachcombing:
and that picture does not even include a giant (sandy, dripping) soft blue stripey beach towel because I had thrown that in the laundry straight away.
On Tuesday the rain showers started rolling in, we were lucky to get to the train in a dry spell. Went home quickly and smoothly and we all took a well deserved nap.
When Suzy woke up the first thing she asked was 'can we go see grandmother and opapa again?' I think she enjoyed the weekend and their company immensely!


"My moon"! Aw!
ReplyDelete