Two and a half....
Suzy is not in a hurry to use the potty herself. She has great interest in the toilet, and sneaks in when I use it. She hands me toilet paper and wants to have a look when I sit down. Squeezes her head where nobody looks. I feel her soft cheek pressing against me. Hear her excitement. I thought that it was a short thing, that she would then try it herself. But six months later nothing changed. Not even the occasional accidental wee in a potty. O well. We tried pushing her, but that only made it worse.
So that is a non milestone then.
This summer she learned to swing by herself, jump on, jump off. She can ride a tricycle and a scooter and is talking more by the week. (Mommy, my tummy so full nice lemonade, yummy!) Uses please and thank you.
Finds her favourite youtube videos and mimics the dancing. (BTW, What is the fun of unwrapping things?!!!) But still sleeps with her bum in the air, her legs and arms tucked under. I can't see her giving up the dummy anytime soon, we're restricting it to bedtime only for now. And long car rides, which are rare.
She can find the right key on the keyring and unlock my bike and the front door.
When DP kisses me goodbye on the lips she demands a similar kiss ("in the mouth!" )
She is starting to object to some clothing, why wear jeans that touch your skin if you can have a dress instead? Why isn't underwear enough anyway? She can put on her clothes by herself, close buttons, zips or velcro. I've been told that tying shoelaces isn't a toddler thing, but Suzy wants to learn! She loves hair clips, but pulls them out after approx 7 seconds. We keep her hair short for now, out of her eyes. She is loosing the strawberry blond, her hair seems darker by the month. I try to drink in the blond as much as I can.
-Weaning. I thought we were there. The last remaining feed was the early morning feed. When trying to explain that milk was for little babies and not for toddlers Suzy simply stated it was her milk, not for other babies. Then the web suggested avoiding the situation, so in my case that meant getting up before Suzy would come and ask for milk. Since she was irregular, but early to very early, 6 or even 5 something AM I first trained her to wait for the 6:30 alarm. ding dong. Then I made sure I would get up at 6:29 and disappear in the shower. That is two months ago now, but whenever she hears the alarm she will ask for milk. No drama, she does take no for an answer, but she is a bit clingy, clearly wants to keep her bonding moment. (or depending on your point of view, toddlers seem to like to be in complete control) BambiEyes suggested finding a replacement bonding activity, for just her and me. For now I let her 'braid' my hair. And in the mornings she can come snuggle in the big bed with us. We're only half heartedly stopping her from falling asleep in the big bed at night. I'll just carry her to her Miffy bed while she sleeps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.