Friday morning after the interview I went to the (second) GP to have my lungs
listened at again. Better, but not good,could still hear some 'sharpness'. She asked about the hot water
facilities at the French camp site, but I had no idea. Just afraid she
suspects legionella. :( On to the pharmacy to get different
antibiotics, to get the a-typical bacteria as well. And the instruction
to come back quickly if I didn't improve, felt sicker or short-winded.
Not very reassuring.
Another week. With afternoon naps. At the seaside, more clean air for me.
Third doctor declared my lungs clean. But still repeated that if I felt more ill I should come back.
My shoulder has been sore all summer, sharp pain when lifting it, probably bursitis. Should cure itself.
I did ask if my infected and leaking root canal could have been the cause of the pneumonia, but GP3 brushed that aside saying bacteria in the mouth only cause heart problems. I saw my dentist this morning. He reassured me there is no immediate risk, and referred me to a root canal specialist. He had treated this root canal three times in the past years and now it s time for the big guns. Well, microscope really.
I refuse to give in to this feeling that I'm falling apart, but yea, a reminder to not take your healthy body for granted. I think in the spirit of new things I will treat my zigzaggy bottom teeth to an invisalign brace. I promise that when they are straight I will floss more often ;-)
The seaside weekend is two weeks ago now, and I'm still so tired. I made plenty of lovely pictures to show you the Dutch seaside, but somehow the blog posts remain stuck in my head.
As does my mother's voice saying it takes six weeks to recover from pneumonia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not falling apart, just temporarily out of action. Hope you are on the mend properly - am optimistic you are.
ReplyDelete