Sunday, January 18, 2015

On the 15th

On the 15th I had my session with BambiEyes.
Complaining how I didn't want to make a roadmap for 2015 for work. So, said she, why not make a personal roadmap then? What about reconnecting with DP that we discussed before? What was our special date again? 15th? what a coincidence. How quickly could I arrange childcare?

Now, I'm not always up for a challenge. But this was the right one at the right time. Before I had even left the building I had managed to get both my parents on the phone. My parents had just returned from holiday, DP would be late(ish) from sport. I had time to do some shopping, pick Suzy up from daycare and cook dinner for my parents. By the time DP came home the three of them were eating at our table, we had a chat and left for a dinner with just the two of us.
We enjoyed it so much.
I did remember to convey my worry that I didn't want a repeat of 10 years ago (when he left his then family due to having grown apart and in a rut with a small child. Suzy has that age now. We all need it to be different this time. DP  took a moment to realise what I was talking about, and reassured me it was different. He even managed not to say I was a fool for asking) So yay.

Also yay: we booked a city trip for the three of us in three weeks time. Suzy's airfare is only 40€ till her second birthday, so that was a nice guideline and provided the urgency to go. Looking forward to meeting my Dublin blog friends there.

3 comments:

  1. Great update! So jealous that you get to meet Fran and she gets to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Am I pushing my luck with this? Or will it publish?)

    Good for DP for reassuring you. I think we are all wiser for previous experiences!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.