Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Little twin things that will never happen...
Right after the first scan that told us about the twins I had a twin-mom-friend on the phone. We were laughing and cheering and couldn't believe our luck. She offered her twin stroller for sale and I said I'd be happy to buy it a bit later on.
Out of the blue HB said I shouldn't buy a double stroller and block the aisles in the supermarket, that he hated that. Only to continue that I would never do that because it wouldn't fit through my front door. {He's got a point, our front door is the size of your fridge door}
There is a design baby stuff store around the corner, and in the window they have a double decker stroller that looks very small (and foldable). And I stopped to look at it through the window.
When meeting up with lostintranslation she brought me a gift for the twins, matching onesies, as encouragement for them to grow into and for me to hold on to hope...
And now it is so hard to let go of that hope, that dream of twins.
Despite the other one (probably, still) growing I just don't dare to start hoping again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October 2012 thoughts on this....
My father is a bit of a shy, or maybe I should say modest man. He would never say it is his turn to hold the baby. With twins I would have been able to give each grandparent a grandchild to hold (and i still have that picture in my mind...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Valery, I am sorry you are having to deal with the "almost-was" rather than the "what is" right now. When I was originally pregnant with triplets a cousin gave us matching onesies for them. I was so pleased at the time, but it definitely hurt to think of them later on when the twins had passed.
ReplyDeleteI won't lie, I still think of what could have been, but that is completely surpassed with how blessed we are to have our healthy, happy singleton with us.
I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is a smooth and happy one. If you ever need to talk/email/need a shoulder just send me an email at highfsher at yahoo.ca
So sorry for this very particular and unique loss - I can only imagine.
ReplyDeleteBig hug.