Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Great Big things

Monday I start at my new job (at the previous company, where DP and HB still work). Bit scary, going permanent after 12 years of contracting freedom, but looking forward to do something again. Even if it is not my dream job, it is a real job.

Yesterday I went to a rehearsal from a brass band (the kind with clarinets and flutes and very big saxophones) The one that my aunt told me were looking for a bassoon. I'm welcome to relearn how to play with them. Such a positive and friendly atmosphere that I went home happy, got my bassoon from the attic and dusted it off. Today I even managed to play some notes and a simple christmas carol. Last time I tried to play was 2006, last time I played well was 1997

Thursday an architect will drop by and have a look at our current house (So I can show him why I love it so). Saturday my parents, DP and I will inspect a canal house that this architect will convert from office to living space. It might be a fantastic opportunity to create our dream house.

While I had a dream that next year we will celebrate Sinterklaas with all my cousins who were fighting over who could hold my newborn twins, it is the first time I felt at peace with the idea of DP and me buying a house for a future for the two of us.

3 comments:

  1. This is all wonderful...music, dream house, a promising job...so so good. Very happy in my heart for you. (and Spain on the horizon, too!!!)
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valery this is amazing!! I'm so so happy for you, you sound finally truly happy and my heart melts for you. Much love, your way, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic update! I hope the meeting with the architect went well.

    I played the clarinet for many years, but can't imagine taking it up again now. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.