Monday, August 1, 2011

Important step

Hey, this is post number 100...!
But that is not important to me. What is, is that I finally got news from Fof!
The good news is that physically she has the clinic's OK: bloodwork all looks good and her scan was approved.
The unknown part is the mental side: the clinic needs to look into research of the risk of depression caused by the hormone-stimulation-medication. For a 'certain group' of women there is a risk, so in CCC-III they probably need to verify if Fof is in that group.
She just emailed me and she sounded so disappointed, and worried for me. I emailed her back, trying to cheer her up: the good news is great news to me.
And on the depression risk, she is trying to share her happiness as a mother with me, I'm not trying to rob her of her happiness. I can do simple stuff (pay for petrol, drive, prepare a meal) but I cannot brighten her days darkened by medication. I cannot give her family time that could be sucked away by depression.
I'm glad I'm not the one having to weigh the risks in September! And I'm glad the clinic is taking her health serious. (And I'm glad I have my BambiEyes taking care of me)

The weather turned sunny here in Amsterdam, the city is full of happy gay pride visitors and till somewhere in September I've got nothing better to do than enjoy the good news....

Maybe tonight at 3 am it will all look bleak to me, but for now... celebratory cupcakes! Made when visiting my friend with the twins running and little bigfoot walking around.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great step my friend and i'm sure it'll all be good to go in September! And it's August already, so really not long now. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is there a definitive link between the actual stimulation meds and depression? Have they ruled out the fact that most people using stim meds are infertile, and infertility causes depression? That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

    Hopefully things will keep chugging along and Fof will keep getting the green light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, enjoy your good news, VV, for that is really good. And those fairy cakes are so pretty.

    Fof does sound like a sweetheart. I hadn't heard of the risk of depression as such before - there are so many things in the IF mix that I don't know quite how they tease them all out and are able to predict who might suffer. Fingers crossed in any case - I have a good feeling about her, for what it's worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really good news! I am hopeful for you that everything works out as it should for Fof regarding the meds/depression. Is she at high risk for it?

    Another small step forward!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.