Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hair Loss

I'm at home. Trying to keep my sanity. It is my full time job since April this year. Waiting for news, hoping for good news.
My body lets me know it is hard work: little aches and pains,visual aura-without-migraine, small signs of stress. And yes, the latest thing is hair loss. I have quite a lot of hair, and always seem to lose it (this really long one here in the spaghetti, yes sorry, that is mine too, and the shower will not be mentioned)
But recently even my cleaning lady suggested I should go see a doctor about it. Geez, it's only hair. It doesn't seem important enough to see a doctor for when there is still more than plenty on my head. (Even though seeing my doctor is free) And I keep thinking that soon I'll be further along the DE journey, and I'll be happier and have less stress. (Oops, even to me that sounds a bit naive now)
It's just hard to realise that this is all part of my life. That this is happening to me. That I can spend days thinking I want to write a letter to Fof, trying to boost her into not becoming depressed for me but this is all I come up with:

If we even get past the first hurdle of her being accepted as a donor it doesn't mean smooth sailing from then on. The stimulation may be too much to continue, it may be too little to work. Follicles could grow too fast, too slow. Timing of the trigger could be wrong, there isn't always an egg in every follicle.
Not every egg gets fertilised. Not every embryo divides. Not every dividing embryo stays alive till transfer. There could be something good enough to freeze, but maybe not. If we make it to transfer I have 25-ish percent chance of getting pregnant(?) If we get to the second line I have 25% chance or more of miscarrying.
FET gives about 10% as a leftover bonus chance.
But whatever happens it stops happening to Fof after retrieval.
I guess to me having a double digit chance is so much more than before that it makes me hopeful. Not optimistic (lost my optimism when my 34th birthday rolled around and we still weren't starting TTC) but hopeful.
Much better than January. Made the mistake of looking at old posts. Sometimes it helps to know I'm a bit better now, but today, well today the here and now is all I can handle. And that should be good enough for today.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. It's hard when all the things pile up in your head - that's when I try to separate them out and Just Take One At A Time. With varying success..

    Look after yourself, Valery. You're right. Today is enough for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the hairloss, it could be nothing or it could be your thyroid. Please get this checked out. When you are ready to move forward, having issues with your thyroid could cause complications.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.