Sunday evening I met up with Fof again. She and her partner had gone through the brochures and had not seen anything that made them change their mind. The only questions left are medical (like what contraindications are there for hormonal stimulation for her), so she and I concluded the time has come to see a doctor.
Wow.
When I told DP he started reading the library book on DE. That in itself counts as another step!
This morning I called the clinic and the first appointment available for an intake is this Wednesday. 8:30 AM.
WOOW
So soon...! And DP was totally unfazed, just said he would have to adjust his work schedule somewhat. It is lovely to see how he is both more comfortable and more involved when it comes to agendas and to do lists. Prepare meeting with doctor? He's got his target and he will meet it.
(I suppose no engineer would enter an emotional quicksand swamp without a map... So, while sometimes it feels very lonely struggling on my own, it is good to know he is waiting for me to join him on the happy side of life. Or on the road to get there!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes it's good to be imperturbible, eh?
ReplyDeleteGood luck, good luck! Exciting times.
Like you mean...THIS wednesday?? Oh my God!! So so soon!! Fantastic!! Can't wait to read your next update!!
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday morning.
ReplyDeleteNew follower here:) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is great news! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Valery, this is so exciting! I'm so glad everyone seems to be on board...that must feel a little less lonely, I hope? Sending lots of good thoughts for Wednesday!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
HUGE steps, I'm so excited for you!! Good luck with the meeting Wednesday!!
ReplyDelete