Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Intake

The clinic was a nice facility and people were friendly. DP and I spoke with a gentle lady Dr who asked the expected questions of how we got there, general health and fertility treatment history. She asked me if I remembered my FSH values and I told her 19, 23 and 9 of the top of my head. (I checked, I should have said 19, 32, 9 and 14, oh well) She did ask if I had my AMH tested, no, so she wanted that number first, as of last year it is supposed to be the better indicator if there are any eggs left. If my value comes back < 0.3 she would agree that DE is the way forward.
She then asked if I would be OK to receive bad news over the phone or that I would prefer to come in.
At that moment I realised that a low AMH reading would be ok with me, that it would be more upsetting if it came back high, because that would indicate I should have tried harder for IVF in 2009/2010 because I still have a slim chance. I guess this means a big part of me is ready to have double digit chances of trying rather than grasping at straws.
So I'm expecting a phone call in three weeks, to let me know my AMH and the recommendation of the Dr panel meeting.

The other thing that the clinic wants us to do is meet with their psychologist. The only problem is that she has been ill and is not yet back to work full time. So we're at the bottom of a waiting list and no one knows how fast she will get better. While I do understand, I'm not too happy of waiting again for a psychologist who was ill for 6 months, just a liiiiittle too familiar. I have requested that the Dr panel will consider an evaluation by BambiEyes. While she could not promise she said she will ask.
Pffffffff! I think that was it for today.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! A mighty step.

    (Though a pain about the indefinite wait to see the psychologist. Why don't they get a temp?)

    Cheering you on, as ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clinic sounds very conservative in their approach, yet very thorough. I hope that your AMH comes back in line with your wish for DE. Also, I hope they will accept an evaluation from Bambieyes.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.