Friday, March 11, 2011

Neighbour baby

Narrow streets, open curtains, from sitting at my kitchen table I look into the living room of my neighbours across the street. And this morning I noticed they were both home and a soft blanket was thrown on the sofa. An unknown younger woman (nurse?) bends over and when she comes back up she holds a newborn baby in her arms. So tiny.... !

I decided to put up the balloons that say "Hurray" behind our kitchen window. And I noticed my hands are shaking. I don't want to cry but I can feel the tears coming. I should leave now for the GP anyway, even if that makes me 1 hour early....

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it can be to see others with babies, especially when there seems to be no end to the IF road you're on. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arg. I hate those sad moments that assail you unexpectedly - but I love the idea of the Hurray balloons. How sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of you to put up the balloons for your neighbours. So bittersweet, seeing someone else have that precious baby. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have written this so precisely, I can see it and feel it from afar...how painful and maybe on some level a small sign of hope? With all the wonderful steps you're taking lately, it sounds like there is a great chance of your neighbours returning the good wishes.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice of you to put up the balloons. Hope you're ok, seeing babies can be rough.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.