Thursday, November 4, 2010

PCT

In daily life I work in IT, loads of computer lingo, abbreviations and project blah blah.
One person at work suggested that we do not only do flowcharts but a PCT as well. For the life of me I couldn't remember what that would be...so my younger colleague googled it... and proceeded to click on an ivf-information-link! I had to push him off his chair, closed that browser window and managed not to yell 'nooo, I have had that and it is weird and we're soo not going to do that'
So in my professional life it now means Process Cycle Test.
...Have to remember...

2 comments:

  1. Process Cycle Test - Ah! Tricky office moment!

    They do love their acronyms in IT. My friend tells me they used to play bingo with them in meetings, covertly. Every time someone mentioned a ASAP or PCT or What The Hell, they'd cross it off the list. Passes the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Isn't it crazy how infertility changes the way we view EVERYTHING...even acronyms. Thanks for the comment on my blog...I'm so glad that I was able to find yours. I've enjoyed getting to know your story.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.