My shoulder is not getting better. I went to see a physiotherapist who said I do not just have an inflammation, but a Frozen Shoulder second stage.
I cannot move my arm behind my back anymore. My shoulderblade does still move but the shoulder itself is mostly immobile. Some nights I'm too weary of the pain to undress completely, so I'll just sleep with my shirt on.
Today I managed to get a stomach bug as well so i spent it in bed.
DP is not a caring type when I'm ill (and I suppose I'm too stubborn to ask)
he just rips off the bedlinnen because it doesn't smell nice and leaves for work. I was not amused when I almost fainted in the shower and discovered the empty bed. O well, J helped out with the bed and dinner, my mother came over to take care of Suzy.
Maybe the combination of low grade pain and the fear of sharp pain in my shoulder (whenever I make a wrong move) is making me more grumpy than usual.
grrrrrumble!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Is there something they gave you to take to rest the shoulder and deal with the pain?
ReplyDeleteOh no! Sorry to hear it. I had that too but after physio and acupuncture etc etc (I had neglected it, foolishly) it got better. Sending healing thoughts. Heeeaaal, shoulder!
ReplyDeleteOuch! A steroid shot was the only thing that fixed mine. I hope your cold at least is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteAnd my advice is to ask for help from DP. Insist on it, even. Because otherwise they can be very dense!
Thought I'd comment here since the bit about yoga is relevant ... yes, it should help with the joint pain (I hope you are feeling better!). And perhaps --at least one can hope--that it will also help with feeling like you have your own space and place, help you continue to negotiate the daily ups and downs of parenting a toddler. Thanks for stopping by, and best wishes for 2016.
ReplyDelete