Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I have a lawyer now

O well,
I have a lawyer now. BambiEyes said it was OK to leave the negotiating about ending my employment contract to a professional, so I did.
HB especially was adamant that my hipster boss does not get away easily on this. He reviewed the first letter for me, and came with suggestions for recriminations.
I sleep badly over it.
Of course, as life would have it, DP found out late March that his department is being reorganised. Higher up had basically forgotten about him after they heard about an opportunity in a different department. And forgot to ask him. He bought himself an extra month with all kinds of politics-behind-the-scenes, but will probably have a different job/team/department end of this month.
More stress.
It is hard to believe this would not affect Suzy, and indeed the daycare invited us to have a conversation about her aggression towards other kids. Poor other kids. Poor Suzy. It seems her problem is jealousy of the attention the daycare ladies pay to other kids. Of course when she hurts another kid she will get their attention immediately.... Also at the end of this month she is scheduled to go the next age group. Maybe it's 'just a phase'. And hopefully we will all move on to the next phase.

To make a small difference I've found 'dancing' lessons for Suzy in a group of two year olds, and the
way too big, maybe in 3 years time?
first two weeks I was allowed to watch. It is much fun seeing their little brains and bodies learn new things, like balancing on one leg. Suzy is a pro standing on tippy toes, she can even run on her toes. For now she cannot stand still as soon as she hears music, she moves and jumps and waves. (Even when they are supposed to impersonate a penguin-waddle) We are all hoping that soon she will be able to express herself verbally and doesn't feel the need to push/hurt people to get attention. This morning I suggested she takes someone by the hand if she wants to dance, but sadly even that was too intrusive for the other kids. A step up from pushing, for sure, but not there yet.  

2 comments:

  1. I hope the lawyer is able to help you. As to Suzy, it really does sound age appropriate ... language will help. Not sure if you read to her in English, or if they have the equivalent type books near you,but there is a whole series if books that are really helpful - Hands are not for hitting, Feet are not for kickin, Teeth are not for biting etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Grr, blogspot).
    Much good luck on all fronts. Oh my. Life is so very complicated sometimes. And it can't be easy to learn all the subtle rules of social interaction if you are but two. Suzy'll learn quickly though, I am sure of it, she is really smart and sweet. Better times are coming..

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.