Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring is in the air

Spring is in the air










but not in my step.
I had the weirdest conversation with my HR guy. Something along the lines of 'so, you didn't find anything internally in the past three months (and we didn't really help you with that). Now you should start looking in the outside world and we cannot help you with that. However we can offer you a contract to give you some time during work hours to find this job, under the proviso you leave the company after x months'.
Depending on how you look at it I would basically be firing myself, and grab 3 months pay on the way out.
And I haven't even had my review yet.
When I talked it over with DP he said it was a curious combination of circumstances. I've postponed my next meeting with this guy till after I meet with BambiEyes again. But in the mean time I do very much not feel good about it.
Yes I still want a different job. But I'm not prepared for it to be this hard.
(If only my cookie eating and chocolate bar munching would be steps in the right direction I'd be arriving at new and exciting destinations any moment now)

oh, I managed to add some pictures from our february weekend trip to Dublin (I don't think this post will show in your reader with me backdating it)

3 comments:

  1. Blimey.. that is really odd about the job. You've been doing a fine job so it seems very unfair to push you out. If that's what they are doing? Am I right? Who knows why.. Maybe staff aren't allowed to speak up? They seem to be willfully misinterpreting you. Sorry, V.
    That really sucks. You have great skills, are smart and hard-working, don't forget. A more positive place has to be out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey.. that is really odd about the job. You've been doing a fine job so it seems very unfair to push you out. If that's what they are doing? Am I right? Who knows why.. Maybe staff aren't allowed to speak up? They seem to be willfully misinterpreting you. Sorry, V.
    That really sucks. You have great skills, are smart and hard-working, don't forget. A more positive place has to be out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strange offer! I would look at it as an opportunity and push to find something that more meets your needs and offers you a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.