And a lot is going on in my life, universe and everything. Even if it does not include reading that book again.
Work: I've applied for a different position in the same company. Had coffee with potential new boss. Two official interviews to go. I described it to Twangy and she shuddered, asking me if I really wanted to do something like that. (Translating business requirements into IT speak) Also had a major collision with my hipster boss again. Communication again. I did say out loud I feel he is setting me up, that I feel he is punishing me for doing good work, for caring. Not sure if that is progress. There must be ways to not be obnoxious while defending myself. I just need to learn to find them.
At home: DP finally realised he is working so much -in the hope of having less work when it's done. But it is never done, there is always more work. So he might as well spend some time and energy at home. We're going out for dinner again, with the two of us.
I did manage to go to a movie with HB. It was like travelling back in time, to do the things that were so normal 3 years ago.
There was a hilarious moment when we got off the bus and lost a baby shoe in it: someone noticed the next bus stop wasn't far away, so I did my best Usain Bolt impression running after that bus. Waving my arms to signal and it worked: it stopped long enough for me to reach it, some lady held out the shoe for me to grab and I had just enough air to gasp a thank you to the driver and the lady.
Anyway, Suzy could run around in the Botanic Gardens and we didn't have to worry about buses coming down the other way of the street for a while. In the cafeteria there was a slightly younger Suzy who wanted to kiss her, running after her with pouted lips, too funny.
Long walk over the Cemetery, Irish pub, bus back to town, dinner simple Chinese since the Japanese was full, then back to the B&B to light the fire for Twangy, sample her wine and eat her FlapJacks and brownies. Suzy didn't want to sleep while we were having a good time and since it was already getting late T did the wise thing and left. Suzy fell asleep on the sofa in front of the fire soon after.
On Sunday the sun came out while we walked around Trinity College, Dublin Castle and the Medieval quarter. We had lunch and did something wrong with our timing, so from after lunch 2.45 it was a race against the clock to get in the airplane on time. We managed, just in time.
I planned to post this immediately after the weekend in Dublin, but somehow it took a month to add the pictures, sorry.


Ooh! Sorry for shuddering. :( That was definitely all about my odd attitude to work but really such a job could suit you really well, for all I know. It sounded hard to me, but then many jobs do.
ReplyDeleteI remain hopeful there is somewhere better waiting for you..
It is so sweet when little kids like you, isn't it? My nephew was my automatic buddy like Suzy.. but my niece not so much! So we'll see how this translates to parenthood.