Monday, December 16, 2013

It was fine

As always with the news, it's different when you are there. It was all fine and nice and paradise.
Maybe 200 km north of us disaster had struck, but the most we noticed was more power outages. But the diving resorts are out in the sticks most of the time, and had their own generators.

Missing DP and Suzy wasn't bad (as I had feared) but the whole 'wow I'm in paradise' wasn't as soothing as other years (as I had hoped). I guess the biggest difference was: this time I didn't want or need to be away from my daily life.
One afternoon, on a rare occasion spending time with HB alone, we listened to the soundtrack of 'Once', a movie we watched together almost 3 years ago. It reconnected to the sadness I felt then. And it made me so sharply aware of the differences between now and then: HB's father died, Suzy came into existence, HB's mother is no longer (she doesn't recognise him anymore, can't even follow simple conversation).
It was good to see HB enjoying paradise.

It is good to be back home.

1 comment:

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.