Friday, December 20, 2013

Talking too much

I talk a lot.
My mother talks more. (and starts to repeat her stories too)
My mother is almost 73. She has a busy schedule, most of it involving activities with other ladies, no matter if it is volunteer work, charity, tennis lessons, choir, museum visits or lace making.
At lunch she told me that one woman said to the group of talking women they were with that she has no husband or children and found it painful to have to listen to the rest of them constantly chattering about their husbands, children or grandchildren.
I'm not sure what kind of reaction my mother wanted from me (yes, she did want me to say something). I'm hoping she didn't want an explanation, so I just said I was aware of this possibility while we were still considering treatment. I think even BambiEyes did point this out to me, that after other people getting pregnant comes the next generation of other people becoming grandparents, that I would have to deal with that later on.
I took that as encouragement. Now or Never. and while 'Now' seemed to slip away, the Never seemed to grow ever longer.
Maybe that is what my mother wanted to share, the future pain that I will miss. (I hope so)
But I'm a bit afraid my mother thought it was strange or not polite from this woman to say this out loud.


Also.
I have a new temp boss at work. He wanted an introduction get-to-know-each-other conversation. In which he not only asked if I met DP at work but also if he was already separated or not when we met. It's been a couple of weeks now, and it still bugs me.
The other gem was him first suggesting his own first child came 9 months after a party, and when I said it is not that easy for everyone he said he had 2 couples of friends that are in the process of adopting or doing DE. I did say politely it was amazing he still had friends.

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like a real gem. But I guess his friends must like and trust him if they disclose that? Or maybe he is the type to pry it out if them. Or read their mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness he is a temporary boss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness he is only a temp boss!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.