We're moving soon, 12 days to go.
So we are packing boxes.
I'm a hoarder, so every time I move there are more boxes with 'archive' / memories / stuff
And DP is a purger, throwing things out that don't need to move with us. I have been hiding the medicine boxes from the DE-IVF all this time, stuffed in a plastic bag. Of course he started to throw them out. To him they are nothing more than old paper, clutter. He was a little incredulous that I kept that many useless boxes. What had a planned to do with them, he asked.
I couldn't come up with an answer, not in words. As if I need to hold on to something tangible, proof how hard it was. Proof for Suzy that we didn't just hop on a plane and steal/buy an ovum on a whim.
He suggested we take a photo, but I was feeling all grey and unmovable, unconvinced that would make it better.
I was adamant we kept all the tests (again he was surprised there were that many), he just threw out the wrappers and boxes and put them in with the one unused test that is left.
What to do with that one I don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too have all my tests. Well, only those that brought me Oliver and Martina. I have to admit, that's probably one of the fewer things i saved (and the protocols and exams etc of all my IVF journey) as I am generally a purger too. There's something special about this, undoubtedly.
ReplyDeleteSuddenly I realise we still have to come across the test from Knut... I will keep that one as well, it is the only thing that is a direct connection.
DeleteAlthough I've already seen a polar bear lamp that I want to buy after the move as a proper reminder.