Friday, July 5, 2013

Blogger ate my post

Finally I wrote this post about love.
And then blogger ate it. Not even a draft was left. Or maybe it was a firefox crash or a sudden battery-low-shut-down while I was trying to get it to publish...
It was the first time I actually lost a post. Comments I've lost frequently, but this... ah well, I'll try again.
Later.

Back to work.
I found it a bit shocking when the first of July rolled around. First half of this year gone! past! So much happened and I´m not nearly done soaking it all up.
Torn between wanting to document it, and actually living it. So much here and now, and it just keeps going.
Heather (sorry, link removed) writes: "We’re trapped in that weird new baby space/time continuum where you feel like you’ve known the baby your whole life, but every day runs together into one endless feed/sleep/poop loop."

Now I have to break the continuum. I went back to the office. Sat down on my chair, at my own desk that has been waiting for me the whole time.
I was prepared for some emotional turmoil when leaving Suzy at the daycare. Didn't happen. I mostly found it soothing to know she is finally around other babies. Maybe she doesn't miss her twin, but I do.

3 comments:

  1. I actually don't mind the whole going to work/daycare thing at all. It gives the Boy a chance to socialise, it means I feel a bit more human. Hope you're settling back in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I hate taking Maggie to daycare and all I can think of is when I can pick her up. I am lucky to work for myself and she is only there for 5 hours a day which is more than enough of having a stranger raising your child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I dropped my daughter at the daycare, I cried harder than she did. But, once I was at my desk it just felt normal. And, it was nice to be around adults again.

    I am not the stay at home mother type although there is a part of me that wishes I was.

    I'm glad you've found a balance for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.