After the holiday I took up HB's offer to help with planning. At first I didn't quite grasp what to point would be of 'planning' my next email. But soon after the first two emails asking two Spanish clinics for information about their DE program, I found myself asking for first appointments available. DP had only 1 Friday available in the whole of April, but instead of allowing me to despair HB made me send emails asking for that date. Both clinics had appointments open for us, and not even at the same time. Also they seem to be walking distance apart. Flights are booked, and the nearby hotel even had special rates for patients of the clinic. Everything confirmed. My boss gave me the day off. DP blocked his calendar, HB will drive us to the airport. Three weeks from now.
I can hardly believe it.
Even if we're only going there to see if we feel we can trust them to pick our donor.
In the mean time we have a small mountain, okay, molehill of paperwork to do. Need to get copies of medical records (I have no idea how to do this, but despair about this is only scheduled for next week ;-) Need to get stupid blood tests done again, not sure if we want to do that here or in Spain.
The clinics offer to freeze sperm on your first visit, but not sure if they're willing to do that if you don't have recent blood tests.
Lots of details to worry about, especially in the middle of the night.
But yes, details.
The big plan is to visit both clinics on Friday, sleep on it, decide on Saturday and then enjoy the rest of our weekend.
I better work on remembering my new motto, something with trust and unknown.
Must try to focus more on the trust part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, those are some major steps! I'm glad HB was able to help you overcome some hurdles in contacting the clinics. Sorry you have to have blood tests done again, always a drag... Good luck with everything, I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteWell done Valery. Wonderful progress.. proud of you.
ReplyDeleteXx
Oh, oh, oh, good luck, good luck! Bless HB!
ReplyDeleteOh my, this is HUGE! So so proud of you my friend, I'm keeping everything crossed!
ReplyDeleteSuch fantastic, wonderful news! I'm so glad you are investigating this further. And, yay for HB pushing you along.
ReplyDeleteWow...! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete