It was a funny interview. Gezellig I would say in Dutch, pleasant. Hardly about work, more kind of general. What kind of person I am. How I communicate. If the holes in my CV were a mistake.
It is a permanent position though, not a contracting role like I've been used to for the last 10 years. Not sure how much restraints that will cause. When the time is right I want (need) to be able to go to a clinic in whichever country I decide to go to. But that doesn't seem the kind of question to ask in a first round.... And also not the best reason to not want a job at all.
Second interview will be about work, with the department manager.
Maybe then, if they still want me I can suggest a 32 hour contract. Gives me room for BambiEyes and maybe if I do work a whole (or half) day extra I can save those hours for more days off when I need them.
But before then I need to find out what on earth interactive television is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmm. Well. JB's great friend Peter used to say it's only a crisis if they offer you the job. So, you know. Why not decide if and when?
ReplyDeletePersonally I think they'd be mad not to take you on, you know. Those are not holes in your CV, they are nice, open spaces, for breathing in. I mean, really, what a question to ask. If they saw my "holes"! Well, I dread to think. :)
Interactive telly? Is that where you can vote on shows and so on? If not, I can't think what it is.
I think that you're right, now was not the time to bring that up. But I really feel like if they want you for this job, they will be flexible if you are honest about needing the time off when you accept the job offer. And hopefully they will work with you on the schedule.
ReplyDeleteI have never even heard of interactive television.
Well, it's a good thing that they wanted to interview you - shows the industry thinks highly of you. So congratulations.
ReplyDeleteHope it works out, whichever eventuality is the best for you.
Also what on earth IS interactive television?
I'm glad the interview went well. I agree that taking it one step at a time is the way to go. Bring up the contract etc when the job is offered and you have room to negotiate. Best of luck!
ReplyDelete