BambiEyes was dressed all in black, so I worried she had another funeral coming up.
I couldn't have been more wrong (thank goodness)
She told me in the last ten minutes that she is three months pregnant now. She realised it is quite early to tell, but she didn't want the risk of her showing and me not trusting her anymore because she didn't tell me. And it seems she expects I need time to adjust, time to process.
The funny thing is I'm simply happy for her. She got married this summer, she's around 28, she's happy and lucky.
At some point she will work less than now, next time we will talk about when. I might need to go to another city (again). When she said that, I was relieved she wasn't thinking of dropping me as a patient (again). I think that as long as I feel she takes care of me it works for me.
Of course I might feel different by the time she is hugging her skippy ball, but for now, well, I'm just not sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't it strange how sometimes you don't know how the feelings will go? It's such a relief that we can be surprised by calm as well as anger. I am happy you are okay.
ReplyDeletexx
That's good sweetie and who knows you may be not far from having a belly of your own!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are not upset by this but I kind of am for some reason. In a "fuck, seriously?" sort of way. I wish I were 28 and lucky, too. You know?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
Oy. I'm glad you're feeling okay with this. I guess we don't ever really know how we'll react. But still. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI am glad it doesn't bother you. Still I am sorry that you have to deal with this. A few months before I did my DE cycle, my naturopath told me she was pg. I felt the same way as you, just happy for her.
ReplyDelete