Monday, July 4, 2011

Agreed

Armed with a bottle of Amé rosé and a real bottle of wine we set of to Fof and partner. When we came in we had to start with some small talk because one of the girls was still awake. But sort of naturally we made the connection to the real topic of 'information management'. They agreed with us that it makes sense to wait with names till all the children are old enough. They also said it was good to align the story now already: her girls may notice her medication during stimulation, or Fof not feeling well after retrieval maybe. It is nice to tell them the truth without names, and so without the (possible) burden of having to keep it a secret. Her daughters are still young enough (6 & almost 8) to accept a story without thinking of all the consequences yet. They may be too young to remember so in a distant future a genetic half sibling could be a surprise, but by then they will be adults already...

At the clinic the counsellor had asked me if I knew Fof's date of birth so she could easily retrieve that file, but I didn't know. While arranging the meeting with Fof I sent her mine so she will not have that problem at her meeting. But we both agreed that with just the one friend in common our social lives have just the right amount of distance now. And since I'm the kind of person who likes to remember birthdays it would just be easier to not know.

All in all we had a nice evening, they are looking forward to their meeting with the counsellor, DP feels right on track and I'm slowly believing that we are taking the hurdles step by step. Oh, the clinic doctor had let it slip that I had already started taking the pill and they were a bit surprised by that. So I explained that I want to be prepared for things going wrong, like my body not responding to the pill and having to switch to another dosage or some such and losing three months in the process... and that it would be convenient for our camping trip, starting this week!

Urgh, camping... I'm already fed up with the kids, they have been here only 24 hours, but it was a bit rough and I was awfully snappy with everyone. DP wanted them to cycle through the city centre with us. Across DAM SQUARE of all places! But the kids were listening to all our instructions and we managed to keep them safe. So while their table manners are still a bit disappointing (is it really asking too much not to speak with one's mouth full?!) they are OK at times (I admit grudgingly)
So I'll fall off the grid for a fortnight. Just have to remember to take it day by day and that despite the bad days there will be good days.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be good and bad days, that's a certainty. Make time for yourself too.

    "See" you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that things went so smoothly with Fof. Try to enjoy yourself while camping.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.