Friday, April 30, 2010

Koninginnedag

Today is Queens Day in the Netherlands.

The sun came out in the afternoon and my city was almost one big party, dress code orange. Music everywhere, people on the street selling anything from toys to food.

What made it more special than other years is that I ran into FriendofaFriend around the corner where she was selling her children's old toys, with her two girls I think 4 and 6. Her husband was around as well and I couldn't help but notice his eyes were light blue while FoF's were light brown. And while their youngest daughter had brown eyes and blond hair the older girl had dark blue eyes and light brown hair. Normal, lovely kids. So yes, I was trying to imagine what it would be like if indeed we embarked on a DE adventure, have a half sibling...
It was so nice to talk to her, giving her the carrot burger recipe, talking about little life things. We exchanged email and home addresses (after I realised I only knew her first name) and I think we might meet again some time soon to maybe talk a bit more about DE.

Oh, and I did send my CV yesterday. Almost at the exact moment that BambiEyes mentioned work a former colleague emailed about an opportunity, at DP's company again. I only read it on Thursday, called him straight away and he asked if I could send my CV very soon. I need to redo it, but decided to send a slightly updated version from what I had ready instead of being late (or, too late) I can agonise over a better CV later if I need to...

4 comments:

  1. Great step forward on the job front, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! The orange (like my kitchen) and the cv. I must have missed the story about fof. Must reverse a bit to see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job front! I hope you get the job. Also, I think it's great that you're going to talk to friendofafriend about donor eggs. The way I do the math with donor eggs (a quarter mine, a quarter hers and a quarter hubbies) your potential kids would be quarter siblings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you. Wondering how your trip to your little nephew went. How you coped with hundreds of other people's children selling their old baby-stuff on the vrijmarkt. Just wondering how you're doing.

    Tiny baby is growing like a weed. Plan another trip over here soon, if you want.

    Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you...

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.