Monday, December 17, 2018

Just one moment

It must have been somewhere this summer. Suzy is 5 years old. She knows her DE story, and loves it when I tell it to her, especially intrigued by the part where I am crying because I can't have a baby. And she knows I am happy because she is here now.

Her world is growing, and I cannot always predict how.

She was up in her room, she stood up and looked at me:
 "Mom, you are not my real mother"

I took a deep breath, a thousand thoughts going through my head.

"You are my stepmother and I am Cinderella"

OOOooooohhhh, okay, of course my darling.... better start sweeping that floor then (and back in the box you thousand thoughts)


1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! I am glad those thousand thoughts went back in the box. What a shock that must have been. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.