Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Avoidance

We are having a fantastic late summer. It is so much easier to feel happy when the sun is shining.
I fell of the web because I do not like how my laptop behaves, it is hard to deal with for me. And with all that lovely weather plus a toddler it is just easier to go outside.
Also, I've slowly fallen back into my avoidance habit. At the moment I am 'in between projects'. Since the beginning of August already. But I still have that holiday feeling, not the slightest urge to go to a new workplace.
It took me ages and ages to make an appointment with my GP so I can discuss my forgetfulness...
Somewhere somehow I am also a bit agitated (but avoiding to think about why)
It was easier to reconnect with BambiEyes than the new GP, but also with her I  avoid speaking about myself as me and filled all of this weeks appointment talking about toddler issues.

It feels as if I have lost my focus. I'm sure it shows here.. (and makes it hard to write)

But didn't dear Twangy point out that we don't come here for logic?

My blogs gmail address seems used by someone's Facebook account since a few days. I can't really tell because the emails are in Spanish AND I do not speak Facebook . Plus I wouldn't really know what to do about it. (unless there is a kind of unsubscribe button maybe)
But , mhm, I might just avoid that issue too. or not.
O wow, I should write to you more often! since the laptop was on already I used google translate and found the right link to block my email address from FB!
Feeling both proud and silly now. And silly is winning quickly. Am I so afraid of doing things? of doing things wrong? Am I trying to convince myself something is wrong with me while I'm only lazy? Why is it so hard to get myself into gear?

Since my last post was about recycling I will share you my last recycle success. Due to some kitchen stock mismanagement we had a lovely brown bread gone stale. So stale it was even beyond toasting (plus we do not eat that much toast)
HB was coming over for dinner and i wanted something special. Found this little gem of a recipe:
  • 7 slices of stale bread
  • 200 gram cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 dl olive oil
  • 65 gram hazelnuts
  • 3 spring onions
  • 4 sundried tomatoes
  • 2 dl milk
Start with putting the bread in the food processor, then your handful of nuts (I used a few walnuts and a sprinkle of cashews), crumble, then add the rest. Scoop into a muffin tin, bake on 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
Yum!
They were so good we ate them straight from the oven. (and I basically forgot about the rest of dinner, so pulled something from the freezer)




2 comments:

  1. Hm, I think I know the feeling. In my head I call it inertia, when starting things just seems like too much effort? I hope it passes soon, VV, because it's frustrating, I know. Enjoy the last rays of sunshine in the meantime, and go easy on yourself, you are not a robot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I know that "in between projects" feeling! But you know, if it's not desperately urgent, then having a little time for yourself, away from blogging and away from work, might be rejuvenating. (Unfortunately, I think I've passed the rejuvenation phase into something worse.)

    The sun hasn't arrived here yet, so enjoy it at your end of the planet.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.