Deeep Sigh.
Today I moved back to my old desk, leaving behind my spot at the project.
I loved working in that international team. Consultants from Macedonia and India, some Dutch consultants too (among whom Lily's husband, smart guy, talks too much)
Project finished, deadline made successfully, aftercare hardly necessary)
It was so discouraging to see how my old team was struggling even more now. The backlog is huge.
It was time to speak with my boss. I really didn't want to, but putting it off even further would only prolong the misery of trying to ignore his judgement.
I have discussed it with BambiEyes for three weeks now. I will have to accept that in the team and with this hipster-boss it doesn't really matter if I'm really good at my work, it just matters what people's perception is. It´s more about the process than just the result.
And I can´t come to grips with it. My internal voice keeps screaming that content should always be more important than form.I'm so allergic to this big corporation bs about "attitude". DP did explain to me that attitude will always limit the performance score. And that it is hard to measure.
Out of the 12 points of my review I tried to discuss a single one. ONE. (The Agile way of working one) We spoke for about an hour and I still have only a faint idea.
The more I think about it the more attractive the freelance consulting becomes again.
And then he wanted to know why I book 'short medical leave' to leave early on Thursday.
I didn't answer, I just said that I have a recurring medical appointment. Said that I wanted a shorter contract so I could do it in my own time, but they didn't allow that.
But apparently he (or HR) needs more of a reason.
When I asked DP he said that the company is supposed to know what I do or where I am, I'm convinced my medical adventures are private. I don't want to believe the company has a right to know, I find it deeply personal and confidential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Darn bosses... however here if you state medical reason they want a med cert. Maybe your GP can write you a very vague one? Hugs
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
Deletethis morning I noticed hipster boss had sent me an email with HR on cc, so I had an opening and found the right HR lady to talk to. Indeed I offered a letter from my GP, but she said that wasn't even necessary. She said my boss didn't even have the right to ask! And she will talk with him.
So yay for me keeping mum.