Cold is better now. Pills, such a very un-dutch solution. You can't get decongestants over the counter here. But very helpful for preventing that eyebrow headache. Thankfully I had some left over from a diving trip.
The news; another plane down, MH 17.
One litlle line grabs me by the throat: they thought there were 280 passengers, but later realised three small children were carried on lap and didn't have their own seat.
283.
Next week Suzy will fly on my lap to Oslo.
Please let us be safe.
Added:
in the course of the day I kept running into people who knew people on the plane. Lady working in the canteen. Canadian/dutch blog lady that I read. Someone in DP's team. HB knew a family. Two degrees of separation, so not awfully close. But more people than I expected.
Someone at work tried to reassure me: going to the airport with your baby is more dangerous than flying to Oslo.
But it was more reassuring driving past Schiphol and see planes landing every 2 minutes. The world keeps turning, even though life doesn't go on for everyone on it.
I managed to stop the tears quite soon, just didn't get any work done. O well, holiday now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad your cold is better (did you try the nasal rinse?) and how terrible and shocking the news of the plane, you will be safe I have no doubt, your route is nowhere near dangerous zones.
ReplyDeleteI will post about Carlito and the children soon, ah, love the request!
tried the rinse indeed, but I must have done it wrong because the headache got worse!
Deletealways hard to shake that 'could have been us' feeling
Pills have their place, for sure. The wondrous feeling when the pressure is relieved! Like a key turning in a lock.
ReplyDelete(I am so shocked about what happened to that flight. It seems we are going backwards on this planet of ours. So much chaos and pain.)
Safe travels, all.